You have to set the email addresses for your students if you want to send email notifications to them (learn about email notification for Classroom and email notification for Quiz).
1) Setting email address for an individual student
If you want to set the email address for a single student, click on “Edit” across the student name:
And then, enter their email address in the corresponding field, and click “OK” to save.
2) Setting email address for multiple students (in bulk using export/import)
If you want to set the email address for multiple students, you can make use of the bulk edit option available through the export/import feature. You can learn more about export/import here.
- Export your students list
- Set the email addresses for your students in the “email” column in the exported csv file
- Import the updated csv file
- Tada, email addresses are set for your students!